It informs you of what data we gather and why, as well as what your rights are and how they can be exercised. Personal information means any information that can be used to identify you directly or indirectly. You are not required to share any of it upon our request but you should be aware that if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our full services.
What Information We Collect
- Statistics about the demographics such as age, gender, and preferences and interests of our website’s users
- Any other data we may find relevant – cookies and automatically collected data such as IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and tracking information
- Prevention of illegal activities and assisting law enforcement as required by law
- Providing our services – personal details may be used for handling complains, creating user accounts, improving our products and offer personalized experiences, etc.
- Communication with our customers – storing personal information is necessary for keeping a communication with you, sending you email notifications, and others.
Why We Gather Your Personal Information
We collect personal information from our customers so we can better understand their needs and interests. By gathering this data we try to improve our services and our customers’ overall user experience on this website. With this information, we are able to offer a localized and more customized service to users from different parts of the world.
We also store this data for internal record keeping. We use it responsibly for limited purposes and do not sell it to third parties. The specific uses include:
While gathering your personal information, your privacy and security remain our top priority and we have taken various measures to safeguard any sensitive data. It is shared only with selected third parties and only for limited purposes. To prevent misuse, loss, disclosure or unauthorized access to your details, we implement security protocols, including physical and digital ones.
Please note that no method of communication over the Internet can be entirely secure.
Internet or browser cookies are small pieces of data collected from websites and stored on the user’s computer by the web browser. Cookies identify users and help offer them customized web pages. When you visit a site, a cookie is sent to your browser which keeps it for later use and whenever you open the same website again, the cookie is sent back to the server. It includes information such as your preferences, as well as any usernames and passwords you created. This way, the website can provide you with a personalized experience – it remembers your username, previously visited pages, etc.
We at Sportingpedia use traffic log cookies to track the most visited pages on our website. The cookies are stored for only a limited amount of time and then, they are deleted. We use them for statistical purposes and even though they are temporary, they help us improve our services and offer users a smoother and more customized experience.
Links to Other Websites