Five days of probably the best thoroughbred racing in the world and a whole lot of superb wagering options, that is the Royal Ascot in a nutshell. The crowning glory of the UK racing season comprises 36 races 8 of which are Grade 1 events, i.e. betting enthusiasts have a handful of opportunities to place their wagers and enjoy tempting winnings. Given that only flat races are conducted, there is one element less to consider when making your predictions (hurdles and/or fences) and favorites are more likely to win than in the Cheltenham Festival for example. This serves to show that the Royal Ascot is markedly suitable even for punters who are just entering the exciting world of horse race betting.
An essential part of the successful Royal Ascot betting strategy is to know which online bookmakers offer advantageous conditions for wagering on horse racing and in particular, which ones suit your preferences and betting style. Regardless of your personal requirements or what element of gambling platforms you consider as being the most important, it is vital that you set up an account only with a bookie whose operations are strictly licensed. The extensive race coverage as well as the opportunity to choose between various payment solutions are also among the traits you should be looking for. We have selected for you ten bookmakers that offer some of the best conditions for betting on Royal Ascot.
Top Ten Royal Ascot Betting Bookies
BetwayMin Deposit$10Max WithdrawalNot specifiedDeposit MethodsWithdrawal MethodsWithdrawal Time
- E-wallets - up to 24 hours;
- Debit cards and bank transfers - 2 business days
- Licensed by the UKGC and the MGA
- Various sports featured
- Several sport-related promotions
- Abundance of horse racing events
- Fast withdrawals
- 10+ language versions
Betway is a well-established sport betting brand that enjoys mostly high rankings in end customer reviews. One of the reasons for this bookmaker to have a large user base is the diversity of its portfolio as it contains at least a couple of options for nearly every punter’s taste. The usual betting favorites are here – soccer, tennis, horse racing, basketball, and American football accompanied by golf, cricket, rugby, snooker, and many others. Except for being able to wager on such a great variety of events, betting enthusiasts can spice up their experience with a gainful selection of bonuses and promotions.
Depending on their country of residence, horse racing bettors may be eligible for two additional features which contribute to a less risky and more profitable wagering process – Best Odds Guaranteed and Free Bet Club. The respective terms and conditions are clearly presented on Betway’s website. When it comes to the Royal Ascot in particular, the sportsbook features the following races – Champions Sprint, Champions Long Distance Cup, Champions Fillies & Mares Stakes, Queen Elizabeth II Stakes, and Champions Stakes.
Betway’s main betting site is accessible in 10 languages including English, German, Spanish, and Norwegian. The user-friendly platform allows punters to easily change the odds format with the options being fractional, decimal, and American.
XbetMin Deposit$20Max Withdrawal$5,000Deposit MethodsWithdrawal MethodsWithdrawal Time
- Bitcoin - 2 business days;
- Bank wires - up to 7 business days;
- E-checks - up to 15 business days
- User-friendly layout
- Crypto transactions
- Lucrative welcome bonus
- UK, US, Irish, Canadian, SA, and Swedish horse races
- 24/7 customer support
- Curaçao licensing
Xbet is an increasingly popular online bookmaker that welcomes avid punters from different parts of the globe including the US. The number of disciplines available for betting is around 20 with horse racing being the flagman of the platform. It is separated into an individual section that accommodates multiple events held on the best race courses in the UK, the US, Ireland, and other regions.
Each of the accepted bet types has a minimum and maximum limit which is always displayed below the respective race card. Do not skip checking the limit as there may be differences between the tracks although the betting market is the same. The online sportsbook features an eye-catching design having a dark background, white text, and some accents and areas in green. The platform not only looks very good but also enables a hassle-free wagering process.
Punters can either directly enter the horse racing section or by pressing the respective button in the area with the most popular sports and leagues of the sportsbook. Regardless of which method you choose, you will end up on the same page that shows all events bets can be placed on. If punters do not see a particular race in this crowded section of the platform, they can use the search box conveniently located in the top left corner of the screen.
BetssonMin Deposit$10Max Withdrawal$50,000 per 24 hoursDeposit MethodsWithdrawal MethodsWithdrawal Time
- Bank cards - up to 5 business days
- E-wallets - up to 24 hours
- Multi-language platform
- 24-hour payouts
- Reputable licenses
- 20+ sports available
- Extensive horse racing coverage
- Several sports promotions
Betsson is a leader in the online sports betting industry with over 20 years of experience behind its back. The list of reasons why this particular bookmaker is the right choice when it comes to Royal Ascot and other major horse races is by no means short. We will begin by saying that the events appearing in the online racebook run by the brand are far more than those offered by most of its competitors. Turkey, Brazil, and Germany are horse racing destinations rarely found in bookies’ portfolios which, however, are featured by Betsson.
Of course, many more are the races held in the UK. In terms of the Royal Ascot, punters can place their bets on the Champion Chase, the Fillies & Mares Stakes, and the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes months before the events take place. If you click on the small statistics button next to the name of each entrant, you will see information about which races he is listed to participate in before starting at the Royal Ascot. As the major event approaches, more of its constituent races are possible to appear on Betsson’s platform, so keep an eye on it.
The selection of payment methods accepted by Betsson is not the most abundant we have come across while reviewing the best horse racing betting sites but at least it includes only reputable service providers. Punters who set up accounts with this online bookmaker can fund their balances via Visa, Mastercard, and Maestro bank cards as well as Paysafecard, ecoPayz, and conventional bank transfers.
redbetBet Now ReviewRegulatorsMGA (#MGA/CRP/121/2006); Ireland’s Revenue Commissioners (#1014479); Swedish Gambling AuthorityMin Deposit€10Max Withdrawal€1,000,000Deposit MethodsWithdrawal MethodsWithdrawal Time
- E-wallets - 10 minutes;
- Bank transfers and credit/debit cards - up to 5 business days
- Well-regulated European bookmaker
- Favorable payment conditions
- Diverse selection of sport disciplines
- Very good in-play section
- Lots of horse races every day
- Mobile betting apps
When it comes to wagering on horse races and the Royal Ascot, in particular, there is no way our article would not include a brief review of redbet. This online betting brand is licensed by the MGA as well as the respective regulatory bodies in Ireland and Sweden. The mentioned regulation proves that the bookie complies with all necessary industry standards and has created a safe betting environment for its clients.
Queen Elizabeth II Stakes and other races from the Royal Ascot program can be found in the UK & Ireland / Ante-Post Flat category. The number of bet types available depends both on the popularity of the respective event and how much time is left until it takes place. To Win, Each Way, Forecast&Tricast, and sometimes Race Distance Specials are the options you can choose from.
As for the payment methods supported by redbet, it is a good move that the brand has included both universally utilized and local financial services. By local payment service providers, we mainly mean several Scandinavian bank institutions. Except for them, betting enthusiasts can fund their account balances via debit and credit cards as well as Skrill and Neteller. The Help page of the bookie is extensive and well-structured, giving answers to most questions you can think of.
- No minimum deposit via SEPA
Deposit MethodsWithdrawal MethodsWithdrawal Time
- $2,500 per week
- $5,000 per week via SEPA
- Bitcoin and ecoPayz - 48 hours
- Checks (the US only) - 5 business days
- Bank wires - up to 15 business days
- SEPA - up to 4 business days
- The most experienced gambling operator
- Extensive coverage of US-popular sports
- Decent selection of horse races
- Low minimum deposit requirement
- Customer support via live chat and email
- Different gambling products
Have not heard of Everygame? Actually, if you have heard of any sports betting brand it would be this one as it has been on the international gambling scene for more than 25 years. Previously called Intertops, it proceeded to rebranding in the end of 2021 almost simultaneously with the announcement it is leaving the German betting market. What is characteristic about Everygame is its focus on North American sports but also pretty good coverage of disciplines such as soccer and tennis. As regards horse racing, plenty of US tracks are covered with very few other events.
Everygame allows its registered users to execute transactions via several methods including credit cards, cryptocurrencies, bank transfers, prepaid vouchers, and e-wallets. Punters who operate via SEPA can take advantage of higher withdrawal limits and no minimum deposit requirement. If there is an area we would like to see an improvement in, it would be withdrawals, as currently, the only relatively fast widely accepted solution is Bitcoin – 48 hours.
Should you have any difficulties while using the platform, you can contact customer support regardless of day and time since it is available 24/7. Back in the years, Everygame was reachable via phone, but currently the communication channels are live chat and email.
bet365Bet Now ReviewRegulators
Min Deposit$10Max Withdrawal$50,000Deposit MethodsWithdrawal MethodsWithdrawal Time
- UKGC (#055148-R-331498-001)
- MGA (#MGA/CRP/531/2018)
- Government of Gibraltar (#076)
- Bank cards - up to 5 business days;
- Wire transfers - up to 10 business days;
- E-wallets - up to 24 hours
- Diverse selection of sports
- Abundance of horse racing events
- Tempting bonuses and promotions
- Huge number of supported payment methods
- Fast e-wallet withdrawals
- Licensed by reputable authorities
It is not easy to write a review for an online bookmaker like bet365, simply because it is known to almost everyone who has dealt with some form of gambling. Therefore, we will not tell you about the platform, but only remind you why it has been considered reliable and worthy of attention for many years.
Localization is one of the most characteristic features of bet365 and this is evident in various aspects of its activity. First, the bookie has acquired licenses not only from the respected and well-known UK Gambling Commission and Malta Gaming Authority but also from several local regulatory bodies. The platform is available in more than 20 languages and the selection of payment solutions is one of the most abundant we have ever seen. All this serves to show that bet365 aims at reaching as many betting enthusiasts as possible.
The number of disciplines featured by bet365 exceeds 30 with the ones with the most extensive coverage being horse racing, soccer, tennis, and others. Horse racing lovers can place their wagers on multiple events conducted in the UK, Ireland, the US, Australia, New Zealand, etc. Plenty of live streams as well as the Price Promise and Best Odds Guaranteed promotions contribute to a really exciting betting experience.
MyBookieMin Deposit$20Max Withdrawal$5,000Deposit MethodsWithdrawal MethodsWithdrawal Time
- Bitcoin - up to 3 business days;
- Bank wires - up to 9 business days
- Wide range of betting markets
- Contests, promotions, and bonuses
- Cryptocurrency transactions
- Lots of US and international horse races
- Fees on bank withdrawals
- Curaçao licensing
With nearly 20 years in the online betting field, MyBookie has adapted to the habits and requirements of modern punters and is considered a preferred betting destination by many of them. Under its umbrella, you can find a racebook, sportsbook, and casino sections. There is no dedicated application but on-the-go betting is enabled via a user-friendly in-browser app that has no shortages in terms of betting markets, promotional offers, or payment solutions.
The most popular sports in MyBookie’s portfolio are American football, baseball, tennis, golf, and motorsports. Although there is a tendency to favor US-liked disciplines, sports like soccer also receive very extensive coverage both in terms of featured events and bet types. Some matches have over 80 props which is a rarely-seen phenomenon. As for the racebook, it gives punters the opportunity to wager on most major horse races around the world. Events are not visible on the platform all the time, but appear when MyBookie starts accepting the respective bets.
Given the positives this online bookmaker comes with, we would like to see an improvement in its financial policy. Currently, registered users of MyBookie can fund their accounts via Visa & Mastercard, P2P transfers, and a few cryptocurrencies. E-wallets are a preferred payment method for thousands of betting enthusiasts and their addition to the list of supported solutions would be very well perceived.
22betMin Deposit$1Max WithdrawalNo restrictionsDeposit MethodsWithdrawal MethodsWithdrawal Time
- Cryptocurrencies - 15 minutes
- E-wallets - up to 24 hours
- Credit & debit cards - up to 7 business days
- 40+ sports available
- Superb horse racing coverage
- Abundant racing bet types
- Many payment solutions supported
- No maximum withdrawal specified
- Curaçao and Kahnawake licenses
Many are the advantages of well-established betting brands with long years of serving international punters. You can read about some of them a little further down in our current article on Royal Ascot betting. You can read about some of them a little further down in our current article on Royal Ascot betting. However, there are also bookmakers who are an exception to these rules and fittingly compete with their experienced colleagues. 22bet is exactly such a brand, and now we will tell you briefly about it.
A minimum deposit requirement of just $1 and no specified limitations on withdrawals make 22bet one of the most affordable online sportsbooks you can start your betting journey with. Given how diverse the selection of supported payment methods is, we are sure you will find a solution you feel comfortable with. Credit cards, digital wallets, online banking services, and cryptocurrencies are the options punters can choose from.
If you are in search of an online bookmaker with a markedly diverse selection of horse racing events, 22bet is a must-stop for you. The races featured by this bookie are so many that there is no way to list them all within the current review. As for events run on the Ascot Racecourse, betting enthusiasts can place their wagers on the British Champions Sprint Stakes, Queen Elizabeth II Stakes, British Champions Long Distance Cup, and others.
BUSRMin Deposit$20Max Withdrawal$5,000 per transactionDeposit MethodsWithdrawal MethodsWithdrawal Time
- International wire transfers - up to 9 business days;
- Bitcoin - up to 3 business days
- 20+ sports featured
- Plenty of horse racing events
- Racebook promotional offers
- US bettors accepted
- Limited number of withdrawal methods
- Bitcoin deposits and payouts
As many punters are in the world, so are their tastes and preferences. Some insist on setting up accounts with major international brands only while others feel more comfortable betting via online sportsbooks that are mainly focused on a particular region and do not offer countless events to wager on. Such is the case with BUSR, a bookmaker whose name is widely known on the Northern American betting market. Its best-covered disciplines are horse racing, football, basketball, and ice hockey.
The fans of horse racing who decide to join BUSR will face a very good combination of major events such as the Royal Ascot and the Cheltenham Festival and less popular races conducted in the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, Asia, and Africa. Many international betting brands have chosen the approach to show only the horse races they are currently accepting bets on. We were pleased to find that BUSR is not one of them. There is a separate section on the bookie’s platform where punters can see the names of all tracks featured accompanied by brief info.
Given that we are talking about a region-focused sportsbook, it is not that surprising that the list of supported payment methods is somewhat limited. However, registered users of BUSR can fund their account balances by several cryptocurrencies in addition to credit cards and person-to-person transfers. The fastest and most profitable in terms of transaction fees are cryptocurrencies, as for the first such deposit there is even a separate bonus.
Min Deposit$10Max Withdrawal$7,000 per monthDeposit MethodsWithdrawal MethodsWithdrawal Time
- MGA (#MGA/CRP/148/2007)
- Ireland’s Revenue Commissioners (#1014834)
- UKGC (# 039483-R-319409-017)
- Bank transfers and cards - up to 6 business days
- E-wallets - up to 2 business days
- ecoPayz and Trustly - up to 4 business days
- Well-regulated bookmaker
- Diverse selection of sports
- Various payment methods
- Plenty of currencies accepted
- Very good horse racing section
- Six language versions
BetTarget is among the youngest players on the online sports betting scene, however, it already holds licenses issued by the UK Gambling Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority, and the Revenue Commissioners in Ireland. The bookie accepts transactions carried out via bank transfers, credit cards, e-wallets, and several online banking services. The good impression of the wide variety of payment methods is somewhat overshadowed by the fact that punters are charged transaction fees on deposits.
As regards the sports covered by BetTarget, there is hardly anything else a punter could want. The leading disciplines in terms of popularity are soccer, horse racing, tennis, basketball, and American football and the list goes on with over 20 other sports, both usual gambling favorites and niche options. Fans of eSports will be pleased with the number of games covered and the abundance of betting markets.
BetTarget allows its registered users to place their wagers on multiple horse racing events held primarily in the US and the UK with a few other races in Chile and Ireland. Especially extensive is the Betting Rules section in its racing part with detailed descriptions of all bet types. Single, combi, and system bets are allowed with the “Accept changes” feature being disabled by default.
Royal Ascot Betting Overview
Ascot Racecourse is among the oldest horse racing tracks in the world. The first event was held in 1711 under the patronage of Queen Anne with the prize for the winner being 100 guineas only. Since then the Royal Ascot has evolved to the status of an iconic horse racing event inextricably related to British culture and the Royal family in particular. Since 1820, each racing day has been started by the famous Royal Procession with the participation of the head of the monarchy and other family members. The final day of the 2022 Royal Ascot was the first time in the 70-year reign of Queen Elizabeth II that she missed the event and was replaced by the Duke of Kent.
Royal Ascot History Highlights
There have been many great horses through the long and prosperous history of the Royal Ascot but some stand out among the rest with their remarkable achievements and leave a lasting mark in the minds of fans. One of them is undoubtedly Estimate, but here are the other two champions we decided to tell you about.
- Brown Jack – his accomplishment from the 1920s and 1930s is so impressive that we find it hard to imagine any modern racehorse being able to replicate it. Brown Jack earned his place in the British and world horse racing hall of fame with six consecutive wins of the longest race in flat racing – Queen Alexandra Stakes, between 1929 and 1934. The rules of the Ascot Gold Cup did not allow him to participate in that particular race but he won the Goodwood Cup, the Doncaster Cup, the Chester Cup, the Ebor Handicap, the Prince Edward Handicap at Manchester, and the Rosebery Memorial Handicap. The fact that this tremendous flat racing career was preceded by a title at the Cheltenham Champion Hurdle in 1928 further emphasizes the superb qualities Brown Jack possessed.
- Black Caviar – a gorgeous Australian lady is also among the famous Royal Ascot winners albeit with one victory. Black Caviar had a glorious career of 25 wins and not a single loss. The Longines World’s Best Racehorse Rankings (LWBRR) has announced her World Champion Sprinter four times, in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. Black Caviar’s career took place entirely in Australia until, in 2012, her owners took a risky trip to the UK for the Diamond Jubilee Stakes at Royal Ascot. Despite the 30-hour flight and little time for acclimatization, the horse won the race, however, at the cost of serious muscle injuries. Two muscle tears and severe bruising to the hind quarters failed to crush the spirit of Black Caviar and thus made her performance one of the most memorable on the Ascot Racecourse.
Betting on the Royal Ascot Festival
In the field of horse racing, there are a large number of single events conducted all over the globe. However, there are also special festivals that, within 4-5 days, give the best horses a chance to perform and claim fame. Few events capture the imagination of betting enthusiasts as much as Royal Ascot. In Great Britain, it has great popularity not only as a sporting event, but also as a kind of social and fashion spectacle.
Such sidelines may impress you and pique your curiosity, but for most people, the thrill lies in betting on the horse races at Royal Ascot. If you are lucky enough to be in that area in June, betting right on the course track and watching all those brilliant horses in person could be a real treat that we would envy you for. Do not be discouraged if fate is not so favorable to you. The modern Internet space provides many online racebooks through which to place your bets with a chance of a tempting profit. Let’s not forget that they can offer you promotions and bonuses that are not part of the business of on-track betting parlors.
Features of the Best Royal Ascot Online Sportsbooks
Those of you who do not want to rely on ready-made lists with Royal Ascot online bookmakers like the one above in our article, can make their own selection by watching closely for a few key features. It is not difficult at all to find a legitimate site that will accept your bets. The trick is to pick the one that will best fit your wagering style.
- Market longevity – Once a platform has stood the test of time in the competitive online betting environment, it means that it offers safe and qualitative services. We are not saying that emerging sportsbooks by default are unreliable. However, especially if you are new to horse race betting and you want to play it safe, we advise you to stick to a high-ranked bookmaker with a proven record. In their majority, these are online sportsbooks with positive customer feedback and you are interested in what to expect from a consumer perspective, right?
- Betting variety – Variety is desirable in many different aspects related to Royal Ascot Festival betting sites. It is good to have a wide choice in terms of the bet types you can place and also the other kinds of horse racing beside the flat, such as harness racing or hurdles. Variety can also mean diversifying your time by betting on multiple sports disciplines. Our main subject is Royal Ascot, so the focus is on horse racing. Reputable betting platforms, however, have portfolios that give you access to all types of team and individual sports.
- Transaction methods – It is of utmost importance to inform yourself in advance about the deposit and withdrawal system that a certain Royal Ascot betting site offers. After all, this is the system through which sensitive information will be exchanged. Very often online Royal Ascot racebooks will have the financial information listed on their website so you can familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions. If this is not the case, we advise you to turn to customer support to assess whether it makes sense to proceed with registration or not. Watch not only for the availability of a specific payment method, but also for any associated transaction fees.
- Desktop and mobile functionality – It is absolutely imperative that you can be sure that your chosen Royal Ascot betting site will be up and running when you place your bets. That said, it is always a good idea to operate with an established site like the ones on our list above. They are much less likely to have problems or need maintenance compared to newer sportsbooks that may not have all technical issues worked out yet. It is also advisable to choose a legitimate online Royal Ascot racebook that somehow allows on-the-go betting. The ability to place mobile wagers through a reliable application will ensure that you do not miss a profitable opportunity.
- Customer support – You might think it is not that important to register an account with a site with high-quality customer service. It is true that you do not have to deal with people to place your bets, but thinking that you will never need assistance is naive, to say the least. The variety of online bookmakers is rich enough, so look for one that offers 24/7 multi-channel customer care. Please do not compromise on this.
Royal Ascot Bet Types
Now that we have narrated the story of the pinnacle of UK flat horse racing and advised you how to choose a suitable Royal Ascot betting platform, it is time to end our article with a brief description of the bet types usually available. First, decide if you will bet on one horse or if your knowledge allows you to include several entrants in your wager. If you have decided to risk your stake on one horse, a straight bet may be your cup of tea. All you have to do is predict how that particular contestant will perform. The options offered by the bookies usually include the following:
- Win – your selection must win the race.
- Place – the horse that you picked must finish in the first or second position.
- Show – the horse in your betslip must finish in one of the first three positions.
- Exacta – bet on the first two horses in their finishing order.
- Trifecta – bet on the first three horses in their finishing order.
- Superfecta – bet on the first four horses in their finishing order.
- Daily Double or Pick 3, 4, 5… – bet on the winner in two back-to-back races and/or pick the winner in several successive races.
Depending on the Royal Ascot betting odds, it is quite possible to add an impressive amount to your bankroll even with a small wager. Do not rush it, take your time to get used to the specifics of this major horse racing event and then test the betting procedure via your chosen online bookmaker.
Royal Ascot FAQ
Is it a good idea to bet on the favorite at Royal Ascot races?
If anywhere such a strategy would be justified and supported even by experienced professionals, it would be the Royal Ascot. Just as track and field athletes plan their form to be at its peak during world championships and the Olympics, so the preparation of the best flat racehorses is done with a view to top performance at Ascot. The track type and the absence of obstacles leave the outcome of the competition to be decided primarily by the talent and current shape of the entrants.
How many races are conducted on the Ascot Racecourse?
We already mentioned that there are 36 races. They are within 5 days from Tuesday to Saturday each June. However, from April until October, Ascot actually welcomes more than 110 flat horse races. Among the most popular are the Gold Cup, St. James’ Palace Stakes, King’s Stand Stakes, Commonwealth Cup, Queen Elizabeth II Stakes, etc.
Can I use bonuses on horse racing markets?
Of course, you can! If your online bookmaker does not offer such promotions, you better look for another one that will let you enhance your wagering experience. Cash-back bonuses, risk-free bet promotions, and Best Odds Guaranteed are just part of the options you can take advantage of.
What is Royal Ascot’s prize pool?
Throughout the over 300-year history of Royal Ascot, prize money has come a long way from the initial 100 guineas. In 2022, the prize pool reached a record amount of $10.5 million, an 18% increase compared to the 2019 event.
Which event is more prestigious, Royal Ascot or the Cheltenham Festival?
The English are very fortunate to host two of the most famous and renowned events in horse racing. We really would not want to favor one or the other simply because they are different, each has its notable champions and punters have won lots of money after wagering on both the Cheltenham Festival and Royal Ascot. In the mind of the average spectator, Ascot races probably stand out because of the glamor of the royal presence. We advise you not to bother with such dilemmas and just enjoy superb horse racing.